BioTwin is currently looking for a scientist specialized in metabolomics, in a context of growth and development of a high potential business. BioTwin's mission is to improve individual's wellness through advanced and innovative technologies in the fields of artificial intelligence, genetic editing, mass spectrometry and metabolomics.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities that this position involves are the following:
- Development and optimization of targeted and non-targeted analysis methods in metabolomics (MS, NMR)
- Drafting of protocols and procedures for sample preparation and analysis
- Participation in the establishment of an analytical chemistry laboratory
- Generation and interpretation of mass spec data (MS or NMR)
- Performing laboratory analyzes in compliance with SOPs and laboratory safety rules
- Participation in common laboratory tasks
- Formation: Master or PhD in bioanalysis and/or metabolomics (or lipidomics)
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) (asset)
- Experience in analyzing human biological samples (asset)
- Languages: English, French (asset)
- Attention to details
- Organising skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Good learning ability
- Experience in analytical chemistry (MS, NMR, Chromatography, CE, Molecular Spectroscopy)
- Experience in metabolomics, lipidomics
Challenges and environment:
- As a Bioinformatician (Mass Spectrometry Machine Learning engineer) you will combine research in biology, biometrics and health-related studies with information technology in order to interpret and model data covering a range of fields, such as metabolomics or phenotypes.
- Working in a fast-paced environment on complex problems in a fast-growing company.
- Working with state-of-the-art yet still experimental laboratory equipment in collaboration with chemists and biologists.
Personalize tomorrow's healthcare
We are an ambitious team with the mission of improving individual's quality of life through advanced and innovative technologies in the fields of artificial intelligence, genetic editing, mass spectrometry and metabolomics. Our team is working on state-of-the-art research and development, in order to develop bio-informatics tools for detection and personalized predictions per individual. Join the team and help us create the medicine of tomorrow!
Enjoy an exceptional quality of life
Our facilities are located in the heart of Quebec City, near Laval University and hospitals. Quebec City, the oldest city in America, is renowned for its historical beauty and for the exceptional quality of life it offers. Rich in culture and nature, you will appreciate the many amenities and various activities available: restaurants, shops, historic sites, parks, sports facilities, cultural activities, etc.
With Quebec's fast-growing economy, science and innovation occupy a prominent place, with more than 300 centers, chairs and research clusters.
Quebec and its metropolitan area are also known of their personalized service to immigrants and their openness to the world. Thanks to the support of the Québec International team, you will be accompanied upon your arrival, in order to promote your socio-professional integration in the City and its surroundings. Try the experience as a temporary worker or permanent resident!
- Be among the first to have a digital twin!
- A human and flexible environment where work/life balance is a priority
- The feeling of making a real impact in people's lives by contributing to the improvement of personalized medicine
- A highly competitive compensation package that emphasizes academic and business experience
- Participation in a significant stock option program
Health insurance package for employees and their families, paid 50% by the employer
- Participatory retirement savings plan
- A minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- 5 additional days of personal leave and/or paid sick leave if not used
- Regular social events for team members and their families
Stimulating work environment
- Direct access by public transportation, car and bicycle (free parking)
- Ongoing training and skills development